This Week’s MFL Newsletter 10/5/17

Midland Football League Newsletter

10th May 2017

League News

Promotion and relegation places are beginning to be finalised as we reach the final weeks of the season. Status is as follows:

Premier Division

Champions: Alvechurch

Relegated: Tividale, Brocton and Walsall Wood

Division 1

Champions and promoted: Bromsgrove Sporting

Relegated: Southam United and Pelsall Villa

Division 2

Promoted: Droitwich Spa and Paget Rangers

Relegated: Continental Star and Leamington Hibernian

Division 3

Champions and promoted: NKF Burbage

Promoted: Montpellier

Please note, all of the above are subject to ratification by the Football Association.

St Andrews have been found guilty of playing an ineligible player in their Polymac Packaging League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg against Hinckley AFC on 11th April. The decision of the Board is that St Andrews be removed from the competition and that Hinckley AFC be reinstated, Therefore the Final on 15th May 2017 will be contested by Alvechurch and Hinckley AFC.


Due to the resignation of Barton United with one match to play, the League’s decision is to determine the final league placings on a points per games played basis.

Therefore, the final league placings at the top of the division are as follows;

Pl Pts Points per game

1st. NKF Burbage 26 70 2.692

2nd. Montpellier 26 61 2.346

3rd. Moors Academy 25 54 2.16

4th. Northfield Town 26 54 2.076


Travels of The Press Officer

Saturday 6th May

Challenge Trophy Final (75)

Gresley Reserves 4 Romulus 4 after extra-time (Gresley win 8-7 on penalties)

Gresley Reserves were looking to do the league and cup double as they welcomed Romulus Reserves to the Moat Ground. The league games between the two sides had been shared with the home side winning on each occasion. Another close encounter was expected but no-one could have predicted the drama that was about to unfold. In the 8th minute, Romulus’ Anthony Smith turned away from Luke Clamp only to be pulled back, the referee deciding not to show a yellow card. A minute later, Richie Olusanoya was through on goal for Romulus but Max Atkin made a decent save. Gresley broke responded with Kyle Peplow saving a header from Kane Lee. Taylor Allen was fractionally off target for Romulus but it was the Roms that took the lead in the 13th minute. Smith jinked along the by-line and was clearly tripped in the box. Smith himself took the penalty giving Atkin no chance. Both sides were playing with a lot of pace although the hard, bumpy surface was proving a challenge. In the 22nd minute, Harry Lansdowne wasted a chance for the home side, hitting the side-netting when well placed. There were a lot of committed tackles flying in with neither side giving any quarter. An excellent challenge from Luke McGinnell stopped Gresley’s leading scorer, Josh Dutton in his tracks. In the 29th minute, Dutton finally got free of his marker but his shot was fractionally off target. Romulus should have doubled their lead in the 33rd minute. Isaac Allen played a low ball into the 6-yard box where it was met by Thomas McGillivray who hit the target but Atkin deflected it over the bar. Gresley were inches away from an equaliser in the 36th minute. Dutton found Zakim Evans with an excellent ball and with keeper Peplow off his line, Evans attempted lob from 45 yards landed just over the crossbar. With the first half coming to a close, McGinnell was on hand to block a close-range effort from Lee.

Gresley started the second half well and were close to an equaliser in the 48th minute. A scramble in the Romulus penalty area ended with a fine goalline clearance from McGillivray. A free-kick to Romulus was floated into the box and Lansdowne headed wide when unmarked. Romulus doubled their lead in the 52nd minute with a goal of high quality. A superb crossfield ball was controlled by Taylor Allen who cut inside, picked his spot and shot emphatically into the corner. Romulus were well on top and the impressive Dexter Walters was a constant threat. In the 61st Minute, a cross from Walters was punched by Atkin straight onto the head of Taylor Allen who could only nod back into the arms of the fortunate keeper. The game, which had been bubbling for some time, boiled over in the 68th minute when there was a really poor challenge on Walters by James Hemingway. The Gresley defender came off worse and, after a lengthy delay, was stretchered off. Hemingway received a yellow card which perhaps should have been red, while Smith was yellow carded for comments made which appeared to have infuriated the home side. Gresley were not out of this yet and a cross from Josh Garland was flicked wide by fellow sub Sam Hammerton. In the 79th minute it appeared that Romulus had put the game out of reach with a third goal. Smith was fouled on the edge of the area by Harry Hughes. McGillivray stepped up and curled the ball over the wall and into the top corner – a superb free-kick. With 5 minutes of normal time left, Lee pulled a goal back for Gresley, sliding home after Peplow had been caught out of position. Gresley were grateful to keeper Atkin a minute from time when he made a fine save to thwart Walters. Due to the earlier injury delay, there would be plenty of added time and in the 5th minute of stoppage time, Gresley pulled another goal back. Dutton beat keeper Peplow and Hammerton was on hand to force the ball over the line. If the game was exciting before, it was now at fever pitch. Back came Romulus and Kieran Briscoe had a great chance to seal it after more good work by Walters but Atkin was again in the right place at the right time to make a save. With Gresley throwing everything forward, there were spaces at the back and in the 8th minute of added on time, Walters was foiled by Atkin and Smith was wide with the volley from the rebound – a great chance missed. Still we carried on, and Atkin was thrown forward for a corner. The dead ball was delivered and it was the keeper who powered a header inches past the post. The first of the day’s red cards followed with Dutton and the impressive Kyle Burke shown straight reds for an off the ball incident. In the 13th minute of time added on, the drama that we had all expected happened, Lee was tripped in the area with the referee pointing to the spot.

After what seemed an age, Ryan Clemson tucked his penalty home in the 14th minute of added time to draw Gresley level.

After the drama of the 90(!) minutes, what would extra-time bring. Four minutes after the restart it brought red card number three with Hughes shown a second yellow card for Gresley. Both sides were enjoying plenty of space but it appeared that the exertions of normal time had taken their toll as the game became more cagey. Romulus went close when a free-kick from Harry Sweeney dropped just over the Gresley bar. It was the 9-men of Gresley that were celebrating in the 102nd minute. A free-kick from the left was missed by everyone and after it rebounded off the post, Callum Porter was on hand to stab the ball home.

Into the second period of extra-time and Romulus poured forward. A ball over the top saw Atkin race off his line and collide with Briscoe, the challenge deemed to be a fair one. Romulus should have been level two minutes later. A shot from Smith was fumbled by Atkin and Isaac Allen out his shot wide of the post. Romulus were reduced to 9 men in the 114th minute when McGillivray was shown a straight red. Romulus were back on level terms three minutes from the end of extra time. A header from Briscoe rebounded off the bar and man of the match Walters was on hand to fire home the rebound. Reaction to the goal caused another lengthy delay to the game and when people had finally calmed down, McGinnell became the fifth player to see red following his goal celebration. Neither side could break the deadlock and penalties would decide the winners.

Romulus made a change at the start of penalties, passing the goalkeeping duties to forward Smith who, being much taller, potentially posed more of a threat to Gresley. The penalty shoot-out went as follows:

Garland (Gresley) 1-0 Smith (Romulus) 1-1

Lee (Gresley) 2-1 Isaac Allen (Romulus) 2-2

Evans (Gresley) 3-2 Kieran Moran (Romulus 3-3)

Lansdowne (Gresley) 4-3 Briscoe (Romulus) 4-4

Clemson (Gresley) 5-4) Sweeney (Romulus) 5-5

Hammerton (Gresley) 6-5 Walters (Romulus) 6-6

Atkin (Gresley) 7-6 Sean Davis (Romulus) 7-7

Porter (Gresley) 8-7 Peplow (Romulus) Saved

So, the Trophy went to Gresley but you have to feel for the Romulus keeper Kyle Peplow. The last of the 8 remaining Romulus players to take a penalty and it is saved by his opposite number. A wonderful game of football that had everything, good, bad, ugly but utterly compelling. Congratulations to Gresley on securing the double and congratulations to Romulus for going so close.

Tuesday May 9th

President’s Cup Final (76)

Alvis Sporting Club 2 Fairfield Villa 3

What could be better on a pleasant spring evening than a cup final on the banks of the River Severn. Walshes Meadow, the home of Stourport Swifts, was the venue for this clash between two of the leading lights from Division 2. Fairfield suffered a blow in the pre-match warm up when keeper Chris Mole was injured and he had to be replaced by Aaron Collins. Alvis had the game’s first opportunity. Steve Minard set up Tommy Maguire. His shot was blocked and Dildale Linton hammered the rebound over the bar. Alvis were unlucky not to take the lead in the 8th minute. A free-kick from Michael Quirke was pushed onto the post by Aaron Collins with Linton unable to convert the rebound. Fairfield had the ball in the net a minute later when Stuart Hall got on the end of a Ryan Molesworth cross but the eagle-eyed referee spotted that Hall had handled the ball into the net, receiving a yellow card in the process. Alvis wasted a great opportunity in the 16th minute when Calvin Thompson was afforded a free-header from a Maguire corner but the header was off target. The woodwork denied Fairfield in the 17th minute when James McKeon curled a superb effort past James Wardle, the ball rebounding off the inside of the post. Fairfield took the lead in the 23rd minute. Ellis Blakemore broke through the centre of the Alvis defence, played the ball back to Connor Collins and the leading scorer sent an unstoppable shot past Wardle. Straight from the kick-off, Quirke was caught in possession by Connor Collins who needed no second invitation to shoot underneath Wardle to make it two goals in 40 seconds. Minard had an opportunity for Alvis on the half hour mark but volleyed straight at Aaron Collins. Four minutes later, the same player shot wide of the target as Alvis looked to respond. Fairfield extended their lead in the 38th minute. A through ball from Blakemore evaded Sam Murphy and Connor Collins latched onto it to get his and his side’s third goal of the evening. Blakemore should have made it 4, three minutes later, missing the target after being set up by Connor Collins. Joe Brookes was marginally off target with another effort for Fairfield before Corrie Powell forced a save at his near post from Aaron Collins. In stoppage time, Connor Collins was close to his 4th goal, the shot flashing inches wide.

Alvis were back in it four minutes into the second half. A free-kick from Maguire fell invitingly to Kiam Galdins who shot into the corner. With Alvis having to go for goals, the game opened up even more with chances at both ends. Daniel Wilkes fired over the bar for Fairfield before Aaron Collins made a decent save from Maguire with Galdins blazing the rebound over the bar. In the 66th minute, Shane Brassington looked to have scored a second for Alvis but Aaron Collins made an excellent save. In the 73rd minute, Fairfield were denied a stonewall penalty when Molesworth was tripped in the box, the linesman ruling that the defender had taken the ball first. A cross from Alex Dinsmore was met with a powerful header by Hall and somehow Wardle kept his side in it with an acrobatic save. Gaps were opening up all over the field but Fairfield could not put their chances away and Alvis sensed they could get back in it. If it wasn’t for Aaron Collins they may have done, the keeper making another superb save to tip Maguire’s effort onto the bar. In the 84th minute, Alvis grabbed their second when Linton blocked Aaron Collins’ clearance, the ball rebounding into the net. In the 88th minute, Linton forced another save from Aaron Collins. Five minutes into stoppage time, the woodwork rescued Fairfield as Brassington’s effort rebounded off the post and Fairfield lifted the trophy.

A wonderful cup final and a credit to both sides and the MFL.

Wednesday May 10th

Under 21 Play-off Final (77)

Coventry United 0 Tamworth 5

Another glorious evening greeted the winners of the two respective Under 21 divisions as they locked horns to crown the champion Under 21 side for the season. Tamworth almost made the perfect start when a long free-kick bounced in front of Coventry keeper, Jack Tragartha and the ball arched towards the goal and had to be tipped over. The young Lambs had a great chance in the 4th minute. A corner from Curtis Shields picked out Ryan Stroud but he failed to get any downward pressure on the header. Lewis Ludford had Coventry’s first effort but his shot was over the bar. Coventry hit the woodwork in the 15th minute, Fortune Maphosa’s header landing on top of the crossbar. Tamworth took the lead in the 19th minute when Ellis Millard fired through a crowd of players. Coventry were close to being level two minutes later when Scott Hammond’s shot took a deflection and Abidan Edwards made a fine save. Tamworth had the ball in the net in the 28th minute, John Dodd finishing off a fine move from an offside position. Keaton Francis-Balou was off target with a volley for Coventry. Tamworth doubled their lead in the 32nd minute. Aaron Opoku used his strength to strive forward and his low cross was turned in at the far post by Eli Bako. Two minutes later, Bako got his second and Tamworth’s third, heading home from a Shields cross. Opoku blasted over the bar when in a good position. In the 41st minute, Tamworth were awarded a free-kick some 25 yards from goal and George Dixon’s effort was straight at Tragartha. In the final minute of the half, the impressive Ryan Palmer crossed for Francis-Balou but he failed to control the ball and the chance was gone.

Tamworth continued in the same positive vein at the start of the second half with Dodd having a shot cleared off the line and Opoku failing to keep the ball down and clearing the bar. Coventry were far more of a threat after the break without testing Edwards in the Tamworth goal. Palmer had a decent effort blocked by the Lambs defence on the hour mark. Opoku had a surging run towards the Coventry goal however the ball took an unfortunate bounce as he lined up his shot and it ballooned away to safety. Tamworth grabbed their fourth to put the result beyond doubt in the 71st minute. A free-kick was floated into the box where Jordan Featherstone got his head to the ball and it dropped into the net. Coventry continued to look for goals but they left gaps at the back. Two minutes into stoppage time, Bako grabbed his hat-trick, picking up a through ball and finishing clinically past Tragartha.

A solid win for the young Lambs who were better organised and more clinical on the night. A 5-0 scoreline barely does Coventry justice and their endeavour, particularly after the break, deserved to see them on the scoresheet.


Premier Division

League Table C Alvechurch 42 28 8 6 91 33 58 92
2 Coleshill Town 42 27 5 10 109 59 50 86
3 Sporting Khalsa 42 24 10 8 92 50 42 82
4 Lye Town 42 22 10 10 73 45 28 76
5 Westfields 42 20 10 12 98 75 23 70
6 Heanor Town 42 20 9 13 87 65 22 69
7 Highgate United 42 18 9 15 84 71 13 63
8 Coventry United 42 18 8 16 63 57 6 62
9 St Andrews 42 18 8 16 86 88 -2 62
10 Coventry Sphinx 42 16 9 17 78 79 -1 57
11 Quorn 42 16 9 17 58 74 -16 57
12 Boldmere St Michaels 42 15 10 17 73 63 10 55
13 Stourport Swifts 42 14 11 17 73 83 -10 53
14 Long Eaton United 42 15 8 19 74 87 -13 53
15 Shepshed Dynamo 42 14 10 18 65 68 -3 52
16 Rocester 42 13 13 16 71 86 -15 52
17 AFC Wulfrunians 42 14 8 20 55 72 -17 50
18 Loughborough University 42 11 15 16 67 66 1 48
19 Shawbury United 42 14 5 23 69 91 -22 47
R Walsall Wood 42 14 5 23 57 86 -29 47
R Brocton 42 10 4 28 50 112 -62 34
R Tividale 42 6 6 30 48 111 -63 24

Division 1

League Table C Bromsgrove Sporting 38 33 5 0 132 23 109 104
2 Hinckley AFC 38 27 4 7 133 47 86 85
3 Leicester Road 38 25 4 9 117 36 81 79
4 Atherstone Town 38 24 5 9 99 58 41 77
5 Cadbury Athletic 38 19 13 6 78 45 33 70
6 Racing Club Warwick 38 19 9 10 92 72 20 66
7 Lichfield City 38 17 7 14 66 61 5 58
8 Heather St Johns 38 17 4 17 67 69 -2 55
9 Littleton 38 16 4 18 64 64 0 52
10 Nuneaton Griff 38 15 6 17 71 76 -5 51
11 Uttoxeter Town 38 14 7 17 68 82 -14 49
12 Coventry Copsewood 38 14 5 19 74 90 -16 47
13 Bolehall Swifts 38 15 1 22 80 97 -17 46
14 Heath Hayes 38 12 8 18 67 69 -2 44
15 Studley 38 12 5 21 69 97 -28 41
16 Stafford Town 38 10 9 19 69 79 -10 39
17 Chelmsley Town 38 10 8 20 62 81 -19 38
18 Pershore Town 38 10 8 20 48 81 -33 38
R Pelsall Villa 38 9 7 22 53 99 -46 34
R Southam United 38 0 5 33 12 195 -183 5
Division 2 1 Droitwich Spa 30 20 5 5 80 31 49 65
2 Paget Rangers 30 20 4 6 93 40 53 64
3 Alvis Sporting Club 30 19 6 5 59 29 30 63
4 Redditch Borough 30 20 4 6 87 30 57 61 *
5 Fairfield Villa 30 17 4 9 75 51 24 55
6 Knowle 30 13 8 9 60 41 19 47
7 Coton Green 30 13 8 9 56 44 12 47
8 Sutton United 30 12 5 13 62 72 -10 40 *
9 Earlswood Town 30 11 5 14 49 53 -4 38
10 Feckenham 30 9 8 13 45 64 -19 35
11 Smithswood Firs 30 8 9 13 63 70 -7 33
12 Barnt Green Spartak 30 9 3 18 45 80 -35 30
13 Bloxwich Town 30 8 6 16 32 67 -35 30
14 Hampton 30 6 5 19 33 77 -44 23
15 Leamington Hibernian 30 6 4 20 38 79 -41 22
16 Continental Star 30 3 8 19 32 81 -49 17
Division 3 C NKF Burbage 26 22 4 0 76 14 62 70
P Montpellier 26 19 4 3 88 34 54 61
3 Moors Academy 25 17 3 5 68 38 30 54
4 Northfield Town 26 17 3 6 69 36 33 54
5 Shipston Excelsior 26 12 5 9 52 53 -1 41
6 FC Stratford 26 11 3 12 64 47 17 36
7 Alcester Town 26 10 5 11 34 32 2 35
8 Inkberrow 26 9 5 12 45 57 -12 32
9 Coventrians 26 9 3 14 50 72 -22 30
10 Barton United 25 7 7 11 43 41 2 28
11 Enville Athletic 26 8 2 16 23 50 -27 26
12 AFC Solihull 26 5 3 18 30 73 -43 18
13 Boldmere Sports & Social Falcons 26 4 5 17 23 63 -40 17
14 Castle Vale Town 26 3 4 19 34 89 -55 13

Other Cups

Coton Green were celebrating after knocking Bromsgrove Sporting out of the Smedley Crooke Memorial Charity Cup. The game finished 0-0 at fill time with Coton Green winning 4-3 on penalties.

Stourport Swifts lifted the Worcester Royal Infirmary Cup after beating Littleton in the cup final at Malvern Town. The game finished 2-2 at full-time with the Premier Division side triumphing 7-6 in the resulting penalty shoot-out.

Highgate United were knocked out of the JW Hunt Cup at the semi-final stage beaten 4-2 by Wednesfield at AFC Wulfrunians.

GRESLEY 4 8p7 4aet ROMULUS 90m 3-3
at Gresley FC
at Alvechurch FC

Premier Division Leading goal scorers

Shay Brennan St Andrews 42

David Meese Sporting Khalsa 35

Josh March Alvechurch 32

Richard Greaves Westfields 28

Lei Brown Highgate United 27

Dean Rathbone Coleshill Town 26

Nathan Hodge Shawbury United 25

Craig Jones Westfields 25

Marco Adaggio Highgate United 25

Ben Billingham Lye Town 23

Jack Till Lye Town 23

Ryan Harkin Coventry Sphinx 22

Mykel Beckley Coleshill Town, Coventry United 22

Nathan Dale Quorn 22

Callum Riddell Rocester 21

Jordan Nadat Alvechurch, Coleshill Town 20 (now Hednesford Town)

Kieran Debrouwer Heanor Town 19

Elliott Reeves Heanor Town 19

Andrew Bridge Loughborough University 18

Aidan Thomas Westfields 18

Daniel Dubidat Alvechurch 17

Michael Reeve Shepshed Dynamo 17

Drew Aiton Walsall Wood 16

Joe Phillips Stourport Swifts 16

Reece Leek Coleshill Town 16

Sam Hollis St Andrews 16

Elliot Putman St Andrews 16

Joey Butlin Walsall Wood 15

Stuart Capaldi Boldmere St Michaels 15

Division 1 leading goal scorers

Ryan Seal Hinckley AFC 56

Alex Naughton Atherstone Town 51

Jason Cowley Bromsgrove Sporting 42

Matthew Stenson Leicester Road 39

Sam Agar Hinckley AFC 30

Wade Malley Racing Club Warwick 28

Paul Sullivan Hinckley AFC 27

Matt Brennan Nuneaton Griff 24

Gareth Evans Pershore Town, Studley 24

Connoll Farrell Studley, Coventry Copsewood 23

David Akinuli Coventry Copsewood 20

Chris Lloyd Bromsgrove Sporting 20

Luke Lewis Uttoxeter Town 19

Tom Bates Nuneaton Griff 19

Sean Brain Bromsgrove Sporting, Littleton 19

Jamie Clarke Pershore Town 18

Joe Obi Bolehall Swifts 18

Kyle Turner Atherstone Town, Bolehall Swifts 18

Jake Lovatt Uttoxeter Town 18

Daniel Carter Littleton 17

Jamie Smith Racing Club Warwick 17

Jake Holt Leicester Road 17

Joel Ambalu Heather St Johns 16 (now Coleshill Town)

Odane Barnes Cadbury Athletic 15

Ben Lund Lichfield City 15

Javia Roberts Hinckley AFC 15

Tom McGlinchey Leicester Road 15

Andy Nicol Bromsgrove Sporting 14

Division 2 leading goal scorers

Daniel Carter Paget Rangers 43

Connor Collins Fairfield Villa 35

Nick Seabourne Droitwich Spa 26

Mark Bellingham Paget Rangers 24

Ross Dempster Paget Rangers 24

Dildale Linton Alvis Sporting Club 23

Liam Fullerton Redditch Borough 22

Thomas Craine Knowle 18 (now Bromsgrove)

Andrew Millan Coton Green 18

Dan Pidgeon Alvis Sporting Club 18

Pedro Douglas Continental Star 17

James Lemon Droitwich Spa 16

Billy Garvey Redditch Borough 16

Jak Albutt Redditch Borough 15

George Ford Sutton United 15 (now Chelmsley Town)

Joshua Sherington Coton Green 15

Tyron Smith Smithswood Firs 15

Martin Crawford Smithswood Firs 13

Jack Brimmell Feckenham 13

Sam Hulme Smithswood Firs 12

Michael Quirke Alvis Sporting Club 12

Josh Duggan Sutton United 11

Gareth Hodgetts Redditch Borough 11

Nathan Corry Knowle 11

Jamie Hatfield Redditch Borough 11

Ellis Blakemore Fairfield Villa 11

Steve Joynes Redditch Borough 11

Division 3

Stuart Hendrie Montpellier 40

Dale Wigmore Coventrians 22

Daniel Priest Northfield Town 20

Jay Tilbury FC Stratford 19

Jess Adcock NKF Burbage 19

Tom Smith NKF Burbage 17

Montel Okoro Moors Academy 15

Dan Lawrence Northfield Town 13

Adam Wooldridge Enville Athletic 13

Peter Martin Barton United 12

Lewis Jones Northfield Town 12

Ashley Wilkes FC Stratford 12

Liam Connolly Coventrians 11

Alex Coultas NKF Burbage 11

Thomas Cuppleditch Coventrians 11

Nathan Astill NKF Burbage 11

Paddy Behan Northfield Town 10

Lewis Chester Coventrians 10

Jake Harris Shipston Excelsior 10

Romario Martin Moors Academy 10

Charlie Adcock NKF Burbage 10

Josh Parsons Moors Academy 10

Lewis Fathers Shipston Excelsior / FC Stratford 9

Lee Hendrie Montpellier 9

Daniel Moore Castle Vale Town 9

Tyrese Shade Moors Academy 9

Freddy Murphy king FC Stratford 9

Kyle Hudlin Castle Vale Town 9

Leading scorers League games only

Premier Division

Josh March Alvechurch 31

Shay Brennan St Andrews 31

David Meese Sporting Khalsa 28

Ben Billingham Lye Town 22

Mykel Beckley Coventry United, Coleshill Town 22

Division 1

Alex Naughton Atherstone Town 47

Ryan Seal Hinckley AFC 40

Matt Stenson Leicester Road 34

Jason Cowley Bromsgrove Sporting 33

Wade Malley Racing Club Warwick 28

Division 2

Danny Carter Paget Rangers 27

Connor Collins Fairfield Villa 24

Nick Seabourne Droitwich Spa 24

Division 3

Stuart Hendrie Montpellier 34

Dale Wigmore Coventrians 15

Jay Tilbury FC Stratford 14

Daniel Priest Northfield Town 14

Preview THURSDAY 11th MAY 2017 k.o. as stated
at Coventry Sphinx 7.45
Division 3 champions are eyeing a treble after winning the Leicestershire Junior Cup too. In their way are Northfield Town who finished in a creditable 4th placed in Division 3 and were in with promotion themselves with a few games remaining. When the two sides met a few weeks ago, Burbage clinched the league title with a 3-0 win. Expect plenty of flowing football and goals. MONDAY 16th MAY 2017 k.o. as stated
at Walsall FC 7.30
TUESDAY 17th MAY 2017 k.o. as stated
at Walsall FC 7.30

Paget Rangers and Redditch Borough have been involved in the promotion race from Division 2 which went down to the final game. Paget took the 2nd promotion spot with Redditch missing out right at the death. Both sides score lots of goals and on the wide open expanse of the Banks’s Stadium, there should be opportunities for the strikers from both sides to fill their boots.

at Studley FC 11.00

Other Cups

at Evesham United FC


at Birmingham FA HQ 2.00

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s